Aqua Analytics is Australia’s leading and an internationally recognised authority on smart water metering. We provide independent, technology driven, water monitoring services to help utilities achieve organisational objectives and solve their water management challenges.
Smart water metering has become increasingly prevalent in water utility roadmaps or strategies as they seek to reduce non-revenue water. The benefits of installing smart water meters are well understood, with the last few hurdles often comprising of cost, technology, and data management. We utilise industry-leading technology and tested industry methods to provide outstanding results with our Smart Water Metering solutions.
What Are the Benefits of Smart Water Meters?
Financial benefits – these are typically efficiency related financial benefits to the water utility with the examples such as:
- Reduction in non-revenue water and customer-side leakage
- Lower capital expenditure associated with water infrastructure due to better demand management
- Removal of manual meter reading costs (and associated safety hazards)
- Improved levels of customer service and better credit management.
Non-financial benefits – these largely external to a water utility’s operations and can often be more difficult to quantify. The main non-financial smart water metering benefits are:
- Enhanced customer experience – improved levels of customer satisfaction from real-time information and notifications (for example, avoid ‘bill shock’ or alert to a customer-side leak)
- Environmental – more improved usage of scarce water resources
- Policy – implement new tariff structures due to data granularity or minimise customer cut-offs due to payment hardship.
- Societal – can better manage the way water restrictions are used during periods of low supply.
What Areas Do Aqua Analytics Service?
With offices across Australia and in New Zealand and Singapore, we provide domestic and international services for your water network management needs. If you are unsure whether we can reach you, get in contact with our friendly team, and we’ll let you know whether we can help.
How Can Aqua Analytics Help With Digital Water Metering Projects in Australia and New Zealand?
Many digital water meter projects in Australia and New Zealand involve telecommunications providers, particularly with the growth of Narrowband Internet-of-Things (NB-IoT) and similar technologies. Smart water meter solutions are becoming a critical component of intelligent water networks. In New Zealand, Aqua Analytics can provide Kamstrup smart water meters.
The interoperability of intelligent water meters with other water network IoT devices, and the consolidation of data within a module and equipment agnostic smart water management platforms such as GoAigua, allows us to change the way we manage complex buried water networks. If correctly implemented, smart water meters can significantly contribute to non-revenue water reduction and infrastructure upgrade deferrals in many cities and towns.
What Other Services Do You Provide?
Not only have we pioneered innovative water monitoring services, but Aqua Analytics have also developed real-time water network solutions with a focus on water loss management, pipe condition assessment and leak detection. We utilise various technology-driven methods and solutions to provide our clients with intelligent, intuitive, and practical strategies to manage their assets.
Our services include:
- Active Leak Detection
- Pipeline Condition Assessment
- Smart Water Consulting
- Smart Water Networks
- Smart Water Monitoring
- Valve and Hydrant Assessment
- Water Loss Management
What Is the Aqua Analytics Stance on Safety?
HSQE stands for workplace health, safety, quality, and environment and is integral to everything we do at Aqua Analytics. We take our commitment to HSQE standards seriously and hold certifications for the following standards:
- ISO 14001:2015
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 45001:2018
The health and safety of all our staff is paramount, and we make continuous efforts to improve safety performance every year. We do this by:
- Complying with statutory HSQE requirements, codes, standards, and guidelines
- Assessing HSQE risks and taking appropriate measures to reduce potential risks
- Establishing objectives and targets with the intent of reducing and eliminating work-related injuries and incidents
- Defining clear roles and responsibilities for HSQE across the whole company.
Some of our HSQE strategies include:
- Consulting with employees and other parties to improve decision-making on HSQE matters
- Providing enough resources to ensure occupational health, safety, quality, and environment is central to the organisation.
- Performing routine HSQE audits to assess compliance with HSQE laws and company policies.
- Ensuring HSE management principles are included in all organisational planning activities.
- Providing ongoing education and training to our employees ensuring that all employees can carry out their duties in a safe manner
- Distributing HSQE information, including this policy, to all employees and interested parties
How Can Smart Technology Help Your Water Network?
Smart Water Metering improve the operational efficiency, longevity, and reliability of the physical water network. For example, better measurement, collection, and analysis of data allow more rapid action across a range of network events leading to lower costs and improved levels of customer service. Similarly, smart metering can provide enhanced situational awareness on leakage, leading to more targeted leakage reduction efforts using fewer resources or understanding high-risk assets due to pressure transients in sewer rising mains.
How is IoT Technology Changing Water Network Metering?
The emergence of the Internet of Things (IoT) allows water utilities to monitor their assets in almost real-time, leading to better customer outcomes, improved operational efficiency, and enhanced asset performance. Simultaneously, the cost of smart device hardware, communication and Big Data Analytics has significantly reduced over the last decade, making IoT projects affordable for water utilities of all sizes. Our innovative water consulting services help you navigate this ever-changing environment and enables you to understand the value of solutions such as Trimble Water’s Remote-Monitoring-as-a-Service.
The Aqua Analytics team has experience working with a range of water IoT devices, applications and communication protocols and understands how these combine to help water utilities improve their business and solve critical problems. For example, the ability to detect a leak before it becomes a significant burst enables preventative maintenance at a much lower repair cost and, most importantly, leads to improved customer satisfaction.
We Help All Water Industry Stakeholders With Their Digital Water Strategies
Inventors, technology companies, start-ups, consultants, and water utilities often seek us out for advice on innovative water technology and the direction of their smart water strategies or business models. Some examples of smart water consulting and water loss management consulting projects we have undertaken are:
- Undertaken market sounding for companies with intellectual property (IP) who are seeking a trade sale
- Provided advice to water technology start-ups on their product development plans
- Crafted commercialisation strategies for inventors who have existing intellectual property
- Developed innovative business models for technology companies looking for recurring revenue streams
- Undertaken market research for international water technology firms looking at expansion into Australia and New Zealand markets (including identification of suitable local partners or resellers)
- Provided advice to water utilities during the development of technical specifications and procurement to ensure achievement of project goals at a lower cost
- Partnered with consultants on large scale smart water projects as a subject matter expert (SME)
The ability to capture an increased volume of higher quality data at a lower cost helps water utilities become more predictive and resilient in their network operations and maintenance approach.
If you require smart water consulting or water loss management consulting in Australia, New Zealand, or Asia, contact Aqua Analytics today for a confidential discussion on how we can assist you with smart water technology.
How Much Do Your Smart Water Metering Services Cost?
When developing intelligent water metering solutions, we are unable to provide one size fits all quote for every job. As every project we work on is unique, we quote on a project-by-project basis. Whether you are looking for a long-term engagement or short-term assistance, we provide clear and transparent pricing structures that best accommodate your budget without compromising on the quality of our solutions.
If you would like to discuss your water loss management, pipeline assessment or smart network management project, get in touch with the Aqua Analytics team today.